These simple to make spirulina lemonade scones will put a smile on your face for sure. We used our Well Spirulina Lemonade to give this recipe a fun colorful twist . The bright aqua blue color of the spirulina turns the scones a light shade of blue when baked. Kids especially love the look of these baked goods.
- 2-1/4 cups self-rising flour, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Well Spirulina Lemonade
- 1 egg and 1 egg yolk
- 1 lemon's zest
- 2 tablespoons milk (to brush tops of scones)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease a baking tray.
- Place the flour, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Add the cream, spirulina lemonade, egg and egg yolk, lemon zest and mix to form a soft dough.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured workbench and knead lightly until combined.
- Press the dough with your hands to a thickness of about 1 inch.
- Use a 2.5-inch round biscuit cutter to cut out 10 scones, place on baking tray, and brush the tops with some milk. Re-roll scraps to make a few extra scones.
- Bake for 10 – 15 minutes until lightly browned. Serve warm with your favorite jam.