People don't usually associate vegetables and fruits with protein, but vegetarians and omnivores can add more protein to their diet with fruits and vegetables. While beans and nuts do offer more plant based protein, leafy greens and certain fruits should not be discounted. Well juices offer a number of nutritious benefits, including protein. In this post, you'll find a list of Well juices containing fruits and vegetables that are considered a good source of protein.
Why is protein important?
There's a lot of power in protein. The protein you consume is used by every part of your body. Not only does your body use protein to build and repair tissues, it also uses protein to make hormones and enzymes. Protein is a necessary building block for blood, muscles, skin, bones and cartilage. Your nails, organs, and hair are made mostly of protein. Protein is essential for your body's health and vitality. Protein deficiency can lead to the following symptoms:
- Difficulty losing weight
- Low energy levels
- Feeling fatigued
- Bone, joint and muscle pain
- Slow wound healing
- Trouble concentrating
- Low immunity
Because protein is a macronutrient (meaning your body needs large quantities) it's important to get enough protein in your daily diet. Unlike other nutrients, the body does not store protein so it does not have a reserve to pull from when you are low. This may be why there are so many advocates for high protein diets. It's recommended you have some form of protein with every meal. Vegetables and fruits are an easy way to increase your intake of protein. If you are in rush, and can't make a healthy salad or smoothie, juice, with a blend of veggies and fruits, are perfect for your on-the-go lifestyle.
Below are five Well juices that can help you pack more protein into your diet
1. Spirulina Lemonade: While spirulina isn't exactly a fruit or vegetable, it is a great source of protein. Spirulina is an algae with a number of nutritional benefits, one of them being protein. There are 57 grams of protein per 100 grams in spirulina. The lemons are also a good source of protein, making spirulina lemonade a great beverage to compliment your meals.
2. C Well: Every ingredient in C Well is considered a good source of plant based protein. The turmeric, carrot, orange and lemon all come together to give a nutritious and delicious protein boost.
3. Well Greens: Well greens offers protein via the kale, spinach, ginger, and lemon. Opt for a Well Greens when you're looking for an easy way to add some extra protein to your daily diet.
4. B Well: B Well is a beet based drink, and beets are an excellent source of protein. In addition to the beets, you'll be getting protein from the carrots, ginger and lemon.
5. Well Spent: If you're looking for low sugar protein boost, grab a bottle of Well Spent. Romaine, bok choy and ginger are just some of the ingredients in this beverage all of which can help increase your daily protein recommendation.
Cold pressed juices are a quick and easy way to load up protein. Next time you feel a little low on protein opt for one our juices.